Subject: Re: My first attempt at getting some advice
Sorry to hear re all your problems.
Several hints some or all of which you may have heard, but here goes.
1. Find a good physio. I know I'm biased(i am a physio as well as a arthritis sufferer). They can help you with movement protection, joint protection and probably most importantly pain relief.
2. Keep the other joints as mobile as poss. Tai Chi is superb as is swimming although i realise you will be limited a little due to neck problems.
3. Try to get referred to a chronic pain clinic. They are normally helpful in cases like yours and they have lots of options for pain relief that GP's and other consultants don't have.
4. Work out what you CAN do as well as what you can't. Sounds obvious, but sometimes difficult to think of when you are loaded down with pain.
5. DONT be afraid to ask for help for depression.